Friday, January 25, 2013

Patriot Games

Between working for Avid, O/I, and RaceMenu, there isn't much room left on the calendar for racing in 2013.

I can already tell that 2013 will be a relatively quiet year for me, but that's a trend that's been ongoing since I really got into road racing back in 2010:

2010: 53
2011: 39
2012: 36
2013: 3??

So far, I've only signed up for two races in 2013: One's on Patriot's Day, and the other is the Patriot Half triathlon in June.

I was originally hoping to race all of the USATF-NE GP races, but I've already had to nix the Jones 10 Miler on Feb 24th due to a work conflict. The same might be true for my favorite Boston tune-up race, the New Bedford Half Marathon in March.

I'm pretty sure I'll be racing the Manchester Marathon in the fall in order to take off another sub-3 marathon from the 50 states + US territories list.

I do, however, have the "47 mile, but let's make it 50 miles, Grand Canyon run" in May, but that's an unofficial race with some friends.

Depending on how this year goes, I may have to find me a new line of work that will allow me to work less and race more. Anybody looking for a treasurer/videographer/race timer?

No comments:

Post a Comment